Le Cheval Blanc is a fabulous 16th century auberge in the idyllic medieval village of St Antonin Noble Val. We use it as the base for our vegan cookery school where we welcome people from all over the world to join our workshops. This beginners vegan cookery course is quite intensive and is aimed at people who want to learn as much as they can while they’re here. But it’s still a fun and sociable experience with plenty of time to explore our village and the stunning countryside on our doorstep. Many people extend their stay so that their cookery course can be combined with a holiday – we’re happy to do that if we have rooms available.
So this course is aimed at people who are:
- new to veganism
- needing inspiration for new vegan dishes to cook
- looking to cut down on their consumption of animal products
- welcoming vegan guests
It will provide you with more than recipes, you’ll also get a toolkit of techniques and tricks which will enable you to make nutritionally balanced and tasty vegan meals. It’s suitable for people who can already cook and for total beginners.
By the end of this beginners vegan cookery course you will:
- Understand vegan nutrition.
- How to create healthy balanced dishes full of flavour.
- Know about vegan staples and ‘must have’ store cupboard ingredients.
- How to replace eggs and dairy particularly in baking and desserts.
- Learn how to make simple cheeses and cheese sauce.
- Understand how to make vegan food filling and satisfying
- Be able to wow your family and friends with your vegan cookery!
All of this means that by the end of the course you’ll be a confident, inspired vegan cook, unafraid to experiment or try new ideas.
The detail of what we cover depends on what’s good in the market that week but I’ll be including:
- Zingy Falafel
- Burgers – harder to do well than you might think
- Salads which work as a meal
- Tasty and satisfying sandwich fillings including my personal favourite, vegan tuna mayonnaise
- Buddha bowls
- Accommodation for 6 nights
- Breakfast each day
- Lunch each day – in reality we’ll eat what we’ve cooked!
- Simple meal on Sunday evening.
- Airport Transfers
- Station Transfers
- 5 days of workshops
- Workbook and recipes
- All Ingredients
- Lifetime access to The Indulgent Vegan membership site
- A free web based version of the course at my online cookery school, The Indulgent Vegan
- Dinner (except on Sunday night). However there will always be leftovers you’re welcome to eat, but my experience of these workshops is that no-one’s hungry afterwards!
- Transport other than transfers as listed above
€800 per person based on two sharing. We may be able to offer a discount if more than two people share a suite or a room (don’t worry, there’s plenty of space!). Single occupancy may also be available for a supplement.
To book your place or to ask a question, get in touch!