Le Cheval Blanc is a fabulous 16th century auberge in the idyllic medieval village of St Antonin Noble Val. We use it as the base for our vegan cookery school where we welcome people from all over the world to join our workshops. This advanced vegan cookery course is quite intensive and is aimed at people who are confident home cooks and professionals who want to learn as much as they can while they’re here. The course is suitable for those who are already familiar with vegan cooking want to take things to the next level or professional cooks who want to extend their vegan repertoire. The course is a fun and sociable experience with plenty of time to explore our village and the stunning countryside on our doorstep. Many people extend their stay so that their cookery course can be combined with a holiday – we’re happy to do that if we have rooms available.
So this course is aimed at people who are:
- experienced cooks or chefs
- looking for inspiration for new vegan dishes to cook
- needing a toolkit of recipes and techniques for replacing egg and dairy
- interested in taking their vegan cooking to the next level
It will provide you with more than recipes, you’ll also get a toolkit of techniques and tricks which will enable you to make nutritionally balanced and tasty vegan meals. It’s suitable for people who are confident cooks.
By the end of this vegan cookery course you will:.
- How to create healthy balanced dishes full of flavour.
- Know how to use vegan ingredients such as aquafaba.
- How to replace eggs and dairy particularly in vegan patisserie.
- Learn how to make sauces, foams and jellies
- Learn how to combine different flavours
- Understand how to make vegan food filling and satisfying
All of this means that by the end of the course you’ll be a confident vegan cook, who can plate amazing dishes.
The detail of what we cover depends on what’s good in the market that week but I’ll be including:
- Meringues, mousses and cakes
- Sauces, foams and creams
- Hard and soft cheese
- Fermenting and pickling
- Raw dishes
- Tofu, seitan and tempeh
- Accommodation for 6 nights
- Breakfast each day
- Lunch each day – in reality we’ll eat what we’ve cooked!
- Simple meal on Sunday evening.
- Airport Transfers
- Station Transfers
- 5 days of workshops
- Workbook and recipes
- All Ingredients
- Lifetime access to The Indulgent Vegan membership site
- A free web based version of this advanced vegan cookery course at my online cookery school, The Indulgent Vegan
- Dinner (except on Sunday night). However there will always be leftovers you’re welcome to eat, but my experience of these workshops is that no-one’s hungry afterwards!
- Transport other than transfers as listed above
€800 per person based on two sharing. We may be able to offer a discount if more than two people share a suite or a room (don’t worry, there’s plenty of space!). Single occupancy may also be available for a supplement.
To book your place or to ask a question, get in touch!